UnionBank, one of Philippines best-known banks, has a host of financial products that cater to the needs of everyone in the country. It is also a member of BancNet that allows you faster banking transactions and access to more ATMs. Among its growing list of credit cards is the Miles+ Platinum Visa Card, which is a travel credit card that gives you the best travel experience through accumulation of Mabuhay Miles and other travel-related privileges.
Features and Benefits
Listed below are some of the features and privileges of the UnionBank Miles+ Platinum Visa Credit Card that make it worthwhile to own this card:
- Lounge access: This card allows you to start enjoying your trip even before you enter an aircraft. Pamper yourself at airport lounges such as Skyview Lounge, Club Manila Lounge and MIASCOR lounges at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport and Davao International Airport.
- Contactless payments: With Visa payWave, you can pay for your purchases without having to dip or swipe your credit card. You can simply tap and make your payments.
- Platinum Club services: The best service and constant attention will be bestowed on you as a Platinum Visa cardholder. The Platinum Club privileges are:
- Account management: You get a year-end summary of accounts for your credit card, which will help you understand your credit card spending patterns and make the required changes to your expenses in the following year.
- Platinum Concierge: Being a travel credit card, the Miles+ Platinum Visa Card gives you access to Platinum Concierge, that handyman who you can depend on for all kinds of travel and credit card assistance. You can call the Visa Global Assistance Service on 1800-1441-0015 from Philippines or +1 303 967 1090 from overseas. To talk to the concierge, call 1800-1441-0014 from Philippines or (612) 92350260 from abroad.
- Instalment payment plans: You can make big-ticket purchases on instalments at a low or 0% interest rate instead of paying in a lump sum through your credit card.
- Auto-charge bills: Your bills payment become easier when you link the utility bills to your Miles+ Platinum Visa Card and allow the card to make payments automatically as soon as the bill is generated.
- Bill payment options: You can make payments of your credit card bills through various channels such as UnionBank branches, selected UnionBank ATMs, MegaLink and Bancnet ATMs, or online through auto-debit from your savings account.
- Cash advance: If you are in dire need of money, you can withdraw cash from your UnionBank credit cards at a small fee and interest rate.
- Discounts and rewards: You are eligible for a large array of discounts and deals through this UnionBank credit card on all kinds of purchases – from dining and shopping to travel and lifestyle purchases.
- You get 1 reward point for each P25 spent on everyday essentials such as groceries, department store purchases, etc.
- On travel-related expenses such as flight ticket bookings, hotel accommodation bookings and overseas spends, you get 1.5 points per P25 spent.
- You can convert the points to PAL Mabuhay Miles, Cebu Pacific GetGo Points, or to cash credits.
- The points do not have a validity period so you can accumulate them and exchange them for the best offers that suit you.
- You can redeem the points online easily through the UnionBank website.
The Miles+ Platinum Visa Card gives you free travel insurance if you buy your flight tickets using this card. All primary and supplementary cardholders between the ages of 18 to 70 are covered under this. The insurance covers the following:
- Accidental death and permanent disability: Up to P10 million.
- Medical expenses overseas: Up to P600,000.
- Flight and baggage delay: Up to P2,500 for every 8-hour delay, with a maximum claim of P20,000.
- Loss or damage to baggage: Up to P5,000 per item in your baggage, with a maximum claim of P40,000.
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Trip cancellation and interruption
The card also offers:
- Auto Insurance Instalment Plan: You can choose the UnionBank Car Secure Instalment Plan and get discounts on your insurance premiums and 10-month instalment periods at 10% interest. You can also get Roadside Assistance Program for your car that includes 24x7 help for flat tyre changes, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, battery boosting, free towing, ambulance services, transport to the required destination in case of a breakdown, and free hotel accommodation in case the car is not ready for the road on the same day.
- Credit Life Insurance: The card offers two credit life insurance plans – U-Protect and U-Secure. These policies pay the minimum monthly payment on your credit card if you are bedridden with temporary disability. In case you die unexpectedly or become completely disabled because of an illness or accident, the insurance will pay your credit card dues of up to P400,000. This is not free, though – it comes at a cost of P0.36 for U-Protect and P0.55 for U-Secure, for every P100 of outstanding balance.
You can get as many supplementary cards as you need for your family members with the UnionBank Miles+ Platinum Visa Card. The minimum age requirement for supplementary cardholders is 14 years.
To apply for this credit card, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum age: 21 years.
- Maximum age: 60 years.
- You must have a residence or business landline phone.
- You must be practicing a profession, employed or own a business that has been operational for a minimum of 1 year.
You will have to submit the following documents to get this credit card:
- Copies of two ID proof documents with your signature and three specimen signatures.
- Income proof for employed applicants and fixed salary earners:
- BIR Form 2316 (W-2).
- Income proof for self-employed applicants:
- Income Tax Return (ITR) BIR Form 1701 or 1702 containing a bank/BIR stamp.
- Business Name Registration with the Department of Trade and Industry Certificate.
- If you reside outside Metro Manila, you must additionally submit your latest proof of billing address.
Fees and Charges
|Annual fee for primary card||P3,000 per month|
|Annual fee for supplementary card||P1,250 per month|
|Monthly effective interest rate||3.5%|
|Minimum monthly payment||5% of total amount due or P500, whichever is higher|
|Cash advance fee||6% of the amount withdrawn or P300, whichever is higher|
|Late payment fee||6% of the outstanding balance or P500, whichever is higher|
|Lost card replacement fee||P400|
|Foreign exchange conversion fee||2%|
|Instalment Plan Pre-termination Fee||5% of the balance amount or P500, whichever is higher|
How to apply for UnionBank Miles+ Platinum Visa Card
To apply for the UnionBank Miles+ Platinum Visa Card, you can do one of the following:
- Fill up the online application form and submit;
- Download the application form, fill it up and send it via fax to (02) 636-6256;
- Go to your closest UnionBank branch.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If you have lost or misplaced your UnionBank Miles+ Platinum Visa Card or it has been stolen, you have to inform the bank about the loss as soon as you can. You can contact the bank the 24-hour Customer Service Centre at 632 8418600 (in Metro Manila) or 1800-1888-2277 (outside Metro Manila). If your card was lost in USA, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Netherlands, Australia, Israel, Switzerland, Japan or Korea, call IAC+800-8277-2273. The UnionBank Miles+ Platinum Visa Card has a Lost Card Protection feature that exempts you from bearing any financial liability for fraudulent charges made using your credit card after it has been lost or stolen. But to activate this feature, you should report the loss of the card to the bank.
- Union Bank Miles Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Cebu Parklane International Hotel Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Classic Visa Card
- Union Bank Gold Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Mastercard
- Union Bank Corporate Visa Card
- Union Bank Suy Sing Visa Card
- Union Bank Burgoo Visa Card
- Union Bank Shop & Talk Visa Card
- Union Bank The North Face Visa Card
- Union Bank Home Depot Visa Card
- Union Bank Riviera Golf Club Visa Card
- Union Bank Racks Visa Card
- Union Bank Insular Life Visa Card
- Union Bank Bai Visa Card
- Union Bank Great Treats And Rewards Visa Card
- Union Bank Phoenix Petroleum Visa Card
- Union Bank Mapfre Insular Visa Card
- Union Bank Enderun Colleges Visa Card
- Union Bank Lourdes School Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Medical Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
- Union Bank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank People Management Association Of The Philippines Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The Philippines Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Centro Escolar University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Alpha Phi Omega Visa Card
- Union Bank San Beda College Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Adamson University Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Academy Of Ophthalmology Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Paul College Pasig Visa Card
- Union Bank Colegio De San Juan De Letran Visa Card
- Union Bank Sacred Heart School Ateneo De Cebu Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Assumption Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Theresa's Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of Santo Tomas Visa Card
- Union Bank La Salle Greenhills Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The East Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Couples For Christ Foundation For Family And Life Visa Card
- Union Bank World Wide Fund Visa Card
- Union Bank Red Cross Visa Card
- Union Bank Haribon Foundation Visa Card