UnionBank also known as Union Bank of the Philippines is one of the fastest growing banks in the country. The bank aims to deliver quality services through implementation of international standards. It was one of the first banks in the country to completely centralize its entire backroom operations. UnionBank offers a range of exciting credit cards with the UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa card being a popular co-brand credit card. This card is a rewards card jam packed with features such as instalment plans and complimentary insurance policies. The card donates 50% of your annual fee and 0.5% of your retail spend towards PMAP association activities and projects. The features and benefits of this card are as follows.
Features and Benefits
Listed below are the features and benefits of UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa card:
- Cardholders can convert big ticket purchases into more affordable monthly instalments through the UnionBank Credit Cards' Lights Instalment program. The program offers tenures ranging up to 36 months. The minimum purchase amount that is eligible for this program is P3,000 in a single receipt.
- Cardholders can use their credit card to pay for their utility bills through the Auto-charge program. The utility bills are automatically charged to the card and eliminates the hassle of remembering various due dates of one's utility bills.
- The card earns reward points on every expense charged to the card.
- The cardholder can enjoy longer credit terms if their balance is paid in full.
- Cardholders get access to the UnionBank Discount Program which entitles them to attractive discounts at various participating merchants.
- Cardholders get a monthly statement of account through email 2 days after their billing cycle. The statement is password protected and secure.
- Cardholders who have opted for the UnionBank Car Secure Insurance program can use their UnionBank credit card to pay the insurance premiums through monthly instalments with tenures of up to 10 months at 0% interest.
- Cardholders get a complimentary credit life insurance policy.
- The card is widely accepted at over a million establishments across the globe.
- Cardholders can enjoy 24 hour customer service through telephone, fax, email, and through the website.
The UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa card earns reward points on every expense charged to the card. Cardholders can redeem the accumulated points for exciting gifts from the Rewards Catalogue. Reward items can range from cash rebates, annual fee waivers, e-Gift certificates, gift passes, movie cards, to even airline tickets. The reward points can be redeemed online via the bank website or through the bank's customer service facility.
Most UnionBank credit cards are equipped with a Chip and PIN feature. This feature offers ample security against credit card fraud such as card duplication. This smart chip technology encrypts vital credit card information and prevents the card from being hacked or cloned.
- The UnionBank credit card offers a Credit Life Insurance policy which covers the outstanding balance of a cardholder in the event of their untimely demise or disablement.
- The policy comes in two variants which are U-Secure and U-Protect insurance plans.
- The plans cover up to P400,000 of the outstanding balance of the cardholder in case of their death due to illness or accident.
- In the event of temporary or permanent disablement, the plans pays the minimum balance of P500 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher for a period of up to 12 months or till the cardholder attains the age of 60, whichever is earlier.
The applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to apply for UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa card in the Philippines. The requirements are:
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen or a Philippines resident.
- The principal cardholder must be 18 years old and must not exceed the age of 60 years.
- The applicant should be a salaried employee or self-employed for minimum 1 year.
- The minimum annual income requirement is P600,000.
- The applicant must have a business or personal landline number.
To apply for the UnionBank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa credit card, you must submit the following documents as your income, identity, and address proof:
- A copy of 2 valid IDs with photo and 3 specimen signatures. It can be your Passport, Driver's License, TIN ID, GSIS e-Card, Company ID, SSS ID or other government issued IDs.
- Income proof for salaried employees:
- The latest ITR - BIR Form 2316(W-2)
- Signed Certificate of Employment and Income
- A copy of last 3 months payslips with Company ID (both sides)
- Income proof for self-employed persons:
- The latest ITR forms with BIR stamp (BIR form 1701 or 1702) and SEC or DTI registration
- Audited Financial Statement for the last 3 years
- Proof of billing address (the latest statement) if the applicant resides outside Metro Manila
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the various fees and charges applicable for the UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa card:
Principal card: P1,500
Supplementary card: P750
The annual fee is waived for the first year.
|EIR||3.5% per month, calculated on a daily basis|
|Cash advance fee||6% of the amount withdrawn or P300, whichever is higher.|
|Cash advance Over-the-Counter fee||P500 per transaction|
|Pre-termination fee||P500 or 5% of the remaining principal balance, whichever is higher|
|Sales slip retrieval fee||P200 per charge slip|
|Credit Life Insurance Premium (U-Protect/U-Secure)||P0.36 for U-Protect or P0.55 for U-Secure will be charged for every P100 outstanding balance|
|Late payment charge||6% of the overdue amount or P500, whichever is higher.|
|Minimum amount due||P500 or 5% of the total amount due, whichever is higher|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||Currency rates available in the wholesale currency markets or the government-mandated rates plus 2% processing fee|
|Returned cheque fee||P1,000 on every instance|
|Replacement card fee||P400 on every instance of replacing the card|
How to apply for Union Bank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa Card
You can apply for a UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa credit card through the following ways:
- Applying online: New or existing UnionBank cardholders can get the UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa card by submitting the online application forms available on the UnionBank website. This paperless process involves the borrower having to fill out the application form and submit it along with the supporting documents required.
- Applying through a UnionBank branch: Borrowers can also get the credit card by visiting any of the banks' participating branches and filling out the necessary application forms. The borrower will have to carry with them any supporting documents pertaining to their identity proof or proof of income.
Lost or Stolen Card Liabilities
If the cardholder has their UnionBank People Management Association of the Philippines Visa card stolen or have lost their card then they need to report it to the bank immediately by calling the Security Bank customer service hotline at (02) 841-8600, 1-800-1888-2277 for domestic toll-free calls outside Manila, and international toll-free number IAC+800-8277-2273. Cardholders must submit a written statement explaining the loss or theft of their card to the bank. The report should contain details like the place, date, and the circumstance surrounding the loss or theft of the card. Cardholders will be charged a fee for the replacement card. Cardholders must report the loss or theft of the card at the earliest as they will be held liable for all charges made on the card prior to notification.
- Union Bank Miles Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Cebu Parklane International Hotel Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Classic Visa Card
- Union Bank Gold Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Mastercard
- Union Bank Corporate Visa Card
- Union Bank Suy Sing Visa Card
- Union Bank Burgoo Visa Card
- Union Bank Shop & Talk Visa Card
- Union Bank The North Face Visa Card
- Union Bank Home Depot Visa Card
- Union Bank Riviera Golf Club Visa Card
- Union Bank Racks Visa Card
- Union Bank Insular Life Visa Card
- Union Bank Bai Visa Card
- Union Bank Great Treats And Rewards Visa Card
- Union Bank Phoenix Petroleum Visa Card
- Union Bank Mapfre Insular Visa Card
- Union Bank Enderun Colleges Visa Card
- Union Bank Lourdes School Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Medical Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
- Union Bank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank People Management Association Of The Philippines Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The Philippines Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Centro Escolar University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Alpha Phi Omega Visa Card
- Union Bank San Beda College Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Adamson University Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Academy Of Ophthalmology Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Paul College Pasig Visa Card
- Union Bank Colegio De San Juan De Letran Visa Card
- Union Bank Sacred Heart School Ateneo De Cebu Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Assumption Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Theresa's Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of Santo Tomas Visa Card
- Union Bank La Salle Greenhills Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The East Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Couples For Christ Foundation For Family And Life Visa Card
- Union Bank World Wide Fund Visa Card
- Union Bank Red Cross Visa Card
- Union Bank Haribon Foundation Visa Card