UnionBank Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Visa Card is popular amongst the PAO members as it provides them free annual membership. By using this credit card, cardholders can lend their support to the projects run by PAO y making donations. They can support the various medical missions carried by PAO and help them in bringing a change. 0.5% of the expenditure that the cardholder makes in a retail store and 50% of their annual fee is used as donation.
Features and Benefits
The following are the features and benefits of Union Bank Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Visa Card:
- By getting this card, you will automatically donate to the medical missions carried out by PAO.
- You can go cashless while shopping in more than 16 million establishments across the globe by using this credit card to pay for goods and services.
- You can pay P500 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher, on your card using the flexible monthly payment feature.
- You can pay over-the-counter at any UnionBank branch all across Philippines or use any Megalink or UnionBank ATM to pay your credit card bill. You can also log onto www.unionbankph.com to pay your bills online.
- Cardholders can avail exclusive instalment plans from various electronic appliance brands and furniture stores. They can get a payment plan with up to 36 monthly instalments at 0% interest.
- The Credit Card Bill Manager facility in your UnionBank credit card lets you auto-charge your utility bills. All you need to do is remember your due date. You can enroll for this service on the bank's website.
- You can receive your account's e-statement via Cyber Statement and enjoy the ease of internet banking through Visa online.
You can use your Union Bank Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Visa Card to earn reward points that you can redeem for products from the UnionBank Credit Cards Rewards catalogue. You can get SM gift passes, SM movie cards, cash rebates, and flight tickets from Cebu Pacific. Also, you can use these reward points to get annual fee waiver. You can get your reward points redeemed on the bank’s website or you can call the UnionBank’s 24*7 customer care service for the same.
With features like U-Secure and U-Protect, the cardholders gets an exclusive Credit Life Insurance. This features lets the bank pay for the outstanding balance on your UnionBank Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Visa Card in case of permanent disability and untimely death of the cardholder.
- The bank pays your minimum monthly payment of P500 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher in case of temporary disability.
- This payment goes towards servicing your outstanding credit card dues. The payment will be made for a period of 12 months.
- The bank pays an outstanding balance of up to P400,000 in case of permanent disability.
- The bank pays an outstanding balance of up to P400,000 in case of untimely death of the cardholder.
Premium to be paid by the cardholder:
- No outstanding balance equals to zero premium amount.
- Free for the first three months
- PO.55 (U-Secure) and PO.36 (U-Protect) for every outstanding balance of P100 after three months.
UnionBank offers an unlimited number of supplementary cards to its principal cardholders. The principal cardholder will be liable for any purchases made on a supplementary card. To apply for a supplementary card, the applicant must submit a proof of identification along with the application form. The identity proof could be a driver's license, a passport, a postal ID, SSS ID, school ID, PRC ID, etc. The minimum age criteria for the supplementary cardholder is 14 years.
The credit cards offered by UnionBank are powered by a smart chip that equips them with a strong security feature against card duplication and unauthorized transactions.
The applicants of UnionBank Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Visa Card need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to get the card:
- The applicant must be aged between 18 years and 60 years.
- The applicant's minimum income should be P600,000 annually.
- The applicant should have a residence or a business landline phone.
- They must either be employed or must have their own business.
- Copy of 2 valid IDs with photo and signature plus 3 specimen signature.
Proof of Income:
If employed/ fixed salary earner:
- BIR form 2316(W-2).
- Income Tax Return BIR form
- 1701 or 1702 with BIR or bank stamp.
- Department of Trade and Industry Certificate of Business Name Registration
- Proof of Billing Address (if outside Metro Manila) – latest statement.
Fees and Charges
|Annual Fee (Principal)||P1,500.|
|Annual Fee (Supplementary)||P750.|
|Interest Charge||3.5% Monthly Effective Interest Rate (EIR) computed on average daily balance.|
|Late Payment Charge||6% (computed based on minimum amount due) or P500, whichever is higher.|
|Cash Advance Service Fee||
6% of the transaction amount or P300, whichever is higher.
If done over the counter, an additional fee of P500 per transaction is charged.
|Cash Advance Interest Charge||3.5% per month due on each cash advance from the date of the advance, till date of repayment in full (including unbilled charges).|
|Over limit Fee||P500, automatically billed to the cardholder on cycle date, when total transactions and system generated interest/charges exceed the credit limit.|
|Card Replacement Fee||P400 for every replaced card.|
|Sales Slip Retrieval Fee||P200 for every transaction slip requested.|
|Returned Check Fee||P1,000 for every returned check.|
|Dispute Fee||P1000 for every invalid dispute case.|
|Refund Fee||P50 to cover the cost of processing of a refund request in Manager's Check as a result of cardholder's overpayment.|
|Pre-Termination Fee||P500 or 5% of remaining principal balance, whichever is higher (applicable to all pre-terminated Installment Transactions).|
|Service Fee for Foreign Currency Transactions||
Charges made in currencies other than Philippine Peso automatically gets converted to Philippine Peso billing currency on posting date at the prevailing exchange rate selected by Mastercard or Visa International.
A 2% fee is added to cover the cost of processing transactions in foreign currencies.
How to apply for UnionBank Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Visa Card
Applicants can visit the UnionBank credit card in the following ways:
- By duly filling up an online application form.
- They can download the application form and fax it to (02) 636-6256.
- They can also visit the nearest UnionBank branch and submit it physically.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
In case of theft or loss of your UnionBank credit card, the cardholder must immediately report it to the bank’s 24-hour customer service hotline at (02) 841-8600, 1-800-1888-2277 for domestic toll-free calls outside Manila, and international toll-free number IAC+800-8277-2273. The cardholder shall be held liable for any transactions made using the card prior to the report. A replacement fee of P400 shall be charged to replace the stolen or lost card.
- Union Bank Miles Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Cebu Parklane International Hotel Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Classic Visa Card
- Union Bank Gold Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Mastercard
- Union Bank Corporate Visa Card
- Union Bank Suy Sing Visa Card
- Union Bank Burgoo Visa Card
- Union Bank Shop & Talk Visa Card
- Union Bank The North Face Visa Card
- Union Bank Home Depot Visa Card
- Union Bank Riviera Golf Club Visa Card
- Union Bank Racks Visa Card
- Union Bank Insular Life Visa Card
- Union Bank Bai Visa Card
- Union Bank Great Treats And Rewards Visa Card
- Union Bank Phoenix Petroleum Visa Card
- Union Bank Mapfre Insular Visa Card
- Union Bank Enderun Colleges Visa Card
- Union Bank Lourdes School Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Medical Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
- Union Bank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank People Management Association Of The Philippines Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The Philippines Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Centro Escolar University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Alpha Phi Omega Visa Card
- Union Bank San Beda College Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Adamson University Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Academy Of Ophthalmology Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Paul College Pasig Visa Card
- Union Bank Colegio De San Juan De Letran Visa Card
- Union Bank Sacred Heart School Ateneo De Cebu Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Assumption Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Theresa's Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of Santo Tomas Visa Card
- Union Bank La Salle Greenhills Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The East Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Couples For Christ Foundation For Family And Life Visa Card
- Union Bank World Wide Fund Visa Card
- Union Bank Red Cross Visa Card
- Union Bank Haribon Foundation Visa Card