With the Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card, you get to be a part of the humanitarian activities conducted by the Philippines Red Cross. 50% of your annual fee is automatically donated to the Philippines Red Cross. You can earn rewards points for every spend and an equivalent amount will be donated to the Red Cross on your behalf.
Features and Benefits
Listed below are the features and benefits of Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card:
- Lights Installment Program: With the Union Bank Credit Card Installment Program, you can pay for big ticket items through an easy payment plan that offers up to 36 monthly installment terms at 0% interest.
- Auto-charge Facility: With the UB credit card Bill Manager Facility, you can pay your monthly utility bills on time.
- Discount Program: Enjoy exclusive discounts, special deals, and offers in restaurants, leisure, and shopping outlets across the Philippines.
- Rewards Program: Earn rewards points for your every spend which can be redeemed for cash rebate, fuel, flight tickets, and shopping vouchers.
- Auto-insurance Installment Plan: With Car Secure Insurance Plan, you get 24-hour roadside assistance for flat tire and battery breakdown repairs.
- Credit Life Insurance: With U-Protect and U-Secure, you get insurance coverage up to P4,00,000 in the case of untimely death or permanent disability.
- Unlimited Number of Supplementary Card: Union Bank offers unlimited number for supplementary cards for your family.
- Payment Convenience: You can make monthly card payments via Over-The-Counter in Union Bank branches and ATMs, MegaLink and Bancnet ATMs, Auto-Debit Arrangement from your Union Bank savings or current account or pay online at www.unionbankph.com.
- Flexible Monthly Payment: Your minimum monthly payment is only 5% of the total outstanding balance or P500, whichever is higher.
- Longer Credit Terms: Get up to 53 days credit at 0% interest from cut-off date to payment due date, only if the full balance is paid.
- Cash advance facility, 24/7customer service, worldwide recognition, and e-Statement of Account are other features and benefits offered by Union Bank to its credit cardholders.
As a Union Bank credit cardholder, you can earn rewards points on your every spend. These points can be redeemed for reward items from the Union Bank credit card rewards catalogue. Reward items can be cash rebates, annual fee waivers, free fuel, gift vouchers, and flight tickets. Redemption process can be carried out online via the Union Bank website or through the bank’s dedicated customer service facility. In the case of Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa cardholders, an equivalent amount of their rewards points will be donated to the Philippines Red Cross.
Most Union Bank credit cards are equipped with a smart chip that acts as an effective security feature against card duplication. This smart chip technology has proven effective in preventing credit card fraud.
Union Bank offers exclusive Credit Life Insurance to its credit cardholders. With U-Secure and U-Protect insurances, you can get the financial protection of up to P4,00,000 for you and your family in the case of untimely death or total permanent disability. Similarly, with the Car Secure Insurance Program at UB, cardholders can get 24-hour roadside assistance in the case of flat tire or battery breakdown repairs.
Union Bank offers a unlimited number of supplementary cards for your family members. The primary cardholder of a Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card is held liable for the credit usage and charges incurred on a supplementary card. To apply for a supplementary card, a copy of the supplementary cardholder’s ID with photo and signature has to be submitted to the bank along with the application form. The supplementary cardholder must be minimum 14 years of age. The identity proof document can be a Passport, Company ID, Driver's License, Postal ID, PRC ID, SSS ID, BIR ID, School ID, etc.
The applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to apply for Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card in the Philippines. The requirements are:
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen or a Philippines resident.
- The principal cardholder must be 18 to 60 years old while the supplementary cardholder must be minimum 14 years old.
- The applicant must be a salaried employee or self-employed for minimum 1 year.
- The minimum annual income requirement is P6,00,000.
- The applicant must have a business or personal landline number.
To apply for the Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card, you must submit the following documents as your income, identity, and address proof:
- A copy of 2 valid IDs with photo and 3 specimen signatures. It can be your Passport, Driver's License, TIN ID, GSIS e-Card, Company ID, SSS ID or other government issued IDs.
- Income proof for salaried employees:
- The latest ITR - BIR Form 2316(W-2)
- Signed Certificate of Employment and Income
- A copy of last 3 months payslips with Company ID (both sides)
- Income proof for self-employed persons:
- The latest ITR forms with BIR stamp (BIR form 1701 or 1702) and SEC or DTI registration
- Audited Financial Statement for the last 3 years
- Proof of billing address (the latest statement) if the applicant resides outside Metro Manila.
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the various fees and charges applicable for the Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card:
|Annual fee||Principal card: P1,500 Supplementary card: P750 The annual fee is waived for the first year.|
|EIR||3.5% per month, calculated on a daily basis|
|Cash advance fee||6% of the amount withdrawn or P300, whichever is higher.|
|Cash advance Over-the-Counter fee||P500 per transaction|
|Pre-termination fee||P500 or 5% of the remaining principal balance, whichever is higher|
|Sales slip retrieval fee||P200 per charge slip|
|Credit Life Insurance Premium (U-Protect/U-Secure)||P0.36 for U-Protect or P0.55 for U-Secure will be charged for every P100 outstanding balance|
|Late payment charge||6% of the overdue amount or P500, whichever is higher.|
|Minimum amount due||P500 or 5% of the total amount due, whichever is higher|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||Currency rates available in the wholesale currency markets or the government-mandated rates plus 2% processing fee|
|Returned cheque fee||P1,000|
|Replacement card fee||P400 per card|
How to apply for Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card
To apply for a Union Bank credit card, visit the Union Bank website and download the application form. Fill up the form and submit it with the relevant income, identity, and address proofs to the nearest bank branch for verification. You can also submit the application form and the necessary documents online on the bank website or fax it to the bank at (02) 636-6248.
Lost or stolen card liabilities
If your Union Bank Philippine Red Cross Visa Card is lost or stolen, you should immediately report the incident to the bank’s 24-hour customer service hotline at (02) 841-8600, 1-800-1888-2277 for domestic toll-free calls outside Manila, and IAC+800-8277-2273 for international toll-free calls. You shall be held liable for any transactions made using the card prior to the report. A reasonable replacement fee shall be charged to replace your stolen or lost card.
- Union Bank Miles Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Cebu Parklane International Hotel Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Classic Visa Card
- Union Bank Gold Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Mastercard
- Union Bank Corporate Visa Card
- Union Bank Suy Sing Visa Card
- Union Bank Burgoo Visa Card
- Union Bank Shop & Talk Visa Card
- Union Bank The North Face Visa Card
- Union Bank Home Depot Visa Card
- Union Bank Riviera Golf Club Visa Card
- Union Bank Racks Visa Card
- Union Bank Insular Life Visa Card
- Union Bank Bai Visa Card
- Union Bank Great Treats And Rewards Visa Card
- Union Bank Phoenix Petroleum Visa Card
- Union Bank Mapfre Insular Visa Card
- Union Bank Enderun Colleges Visa Card
- Union Bank Lourdes School Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Medical Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
- Union Bank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank People Management Association Of The Philippines Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The Philippines Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Centro Escolar University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Alpha Phi Omega Visa Card
- Union Bank San Beda College Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Adamson University Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Academy Of Ophthalmology Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Paul College Pasig Visa Card
- Union Bank Colegio De San Juan De Letran Visa Card
- Union Bank Sacred Heart School Ateneo De Cebu Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Assumption Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Theresa's Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of Santo Tomas Visa Card
- Union Bank La Salle Greenhills Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The East Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Couples For Christ Foundation For Family And Life Visa Card
- Union Bank World Wide Fund Visa Card
- Union Bank Red Cross Visa Card
- Union Bank Haribon Foundation Visa Card