The Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card is an Affinity card by the UnionBank. The card offers special privileges to Silliman University students, with option for paying tuition fees in installments at low interest rates.
Features and Benefits
The Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card comes with special benefits for students associated with the Silliman University. Some of them are:
- Option to pay tuition fee in installments at low installment rates.
- No long wait at the queues in front of the cashier's office when paying fees at the Silliman University.
- The card comes embossed with the Silliman University image on it.
- 24/7 assistance from customer service.
Other general features and benefits that accompany a UnionBank credit card are:
- Installment Program
- Auto-charge Facility
- Discount Program
- Rewards Program
- Auto-insurance Installment Plan
- Credit Life Insurance
- Unlimited Number of Supplementary Card
- Payment Convenience
- Flexible Monthly Payment
- Longer Credit Terms
- Cash Advance Facility
- Email Statement of Account
- Account Access
A cardholder can earn 1 Privilege Point by spending P20 on their Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card.
The cardholder has the following options for points redemption:
- Regular Points Option: Get an item/product by spending accumulated Privilege Points corresponding to that item from a list of available options.
- Fast Track Option: Receive an item by accumulating the requisite number of Privilege Points and charging the specified Cash requirement to the UnionBank Credit Card.
Supplementary cards are offered by UnionBank for a cardholder’s family and friends. A cardholder can share the benefits of their Union Bank Silliman University Visa Credit Card to as many people as they want, who are at least 14 years old.
- Associated with the Silliman University.
- 18 to 60 years old with a minimum gross annual income of P600,000.
- A residence/business landline phone.
- Employed or practicing a profession or own a business that has been existing for at least 1 year.
- Copy of 2 valid IDs with picture & signature along with 3 signature specimens.
- Proof of Income:
- If fixed salary earner: BIR form 2316(W-2).
- If self-employed:
- Income Tax Return form 1701 or form 1702 with BIR or bank stamp.
- Business Name Registration Certificate from the Department of Trade and Industry.
- Proof of Billing Address (only required if outside Metro Manila) – latest statement.
Fees and Charges
|Principal Card Annual Fee||P1,500.|
|Supplementary Card Annual Fee||P750.|
|Interest Charge||3.5% Monthly Effective Interest Rate (EIR) of computed on the average daily balance.|
|Late Payment Charge||6% of the minimum amount due or P500, whichever higher.|
|Cash Advance Service Fee||
• 6% of the amount transacted or P300, whichever is higher.
• An additional fee of P500 per transaction over-the-counter.
|Cash Advance Interest Charge||3.5% p.m. on each cash advance from the date the advance is availed, till the date of full repayment.|
|Card Replacement Fee||P400 for each replaced card.|
|Sales Slip Retrieval Fee||P200 for each transaction slip request.|
|Returned Check Fee||P1,000 for each returned check.|
|Dispute Fee||P1000 for each invalid dispute case.|
|Refund Fee||P50 to cover the processing cost of a refund request as a result of the cardholder's overpayment.|
|Pre-Termination Fee||P500 or 5% of the remaining principal balance, whichever higher.|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Service Fee||
• Charges made in any currency besides Philippine Peso automatically gets converted to Philippine Peso at the prevailing exchange rate selected by Mastercard or Visa International.
• A 2% fee is added as processing charge to cover the cost of foreign currency transactions.
How to apply for Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
An Silliman University student can apply for this UnionBank credit card via the following channels:
- By filling out an online application form.
- Downloading application form and faxing it to (02) 636-6256.
- Visiting the nearest UnionBank branch.
- Mailing the application to 31/F UnionBank Plaza Meralco Avenue corner Onyx and Sapphire Sts., Ortigas Center, Pasig City with the subject line “Attention: Credit Card Acquisition Department”
For further information regarding the application process, an applicant can call UnionBank’s Customer Service Hotline at (02) 841-8600 or Domestic Toll Free 1-800-1888-2277.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
To report a lost/stolen credit card - In the event that a Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card is lost or stolen, the cardholder has to immediately report the loss to the bank by calling
- 24-hour Customer Service Center at telephone number (632) 8418600 if in Metro Manila
- Domestic Toll Free number 1-800-1888-2277 outside Metro Manila.
- Universal Toll Free number IAC+800-8277-2273 (USA, Spain, Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea-Koreatel, Switzerland, Israel, Australia, Japan, Koreal-onse,) outside Philippines.
Lost/stolen card liabilities - The Lost Card Protection feature frees the cardholder from any financial liability in case the card is used for fraudulent purposes. The protection, however, is applicable only from the time the loss was reported to the Bank. UnionBank charges a Lost Card Replacement Fee of P400 towards processing fee of the replacement card.
- Union Bank Miles Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Cebu Parklane International Hotel Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Classic Visa Card
- Union Bank Gold Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Mastercard
- Union Bank Corporate Visa Card
- Union Bank Suy Sing Visa Card
- Union Bank Burgoo Visa Card
- Union Bank Shop & Talk Visa Card
- Union Bank The North Face Visa Card
- Union Bank Home Depot Visa Card
- Union Bank Riviera Golf Club Visa Card
- Union Bank Racks Visa Card
- Union Bank Insular Life Visa Card
- Union Bank Bai Visa Card
- Union Bank Great Treats And Rewards Visa Card
- Union Bank Phoenix Petroleum Visa Card
- Union Bank Mapfre Insular Visa Card
- Union Bank Enderun Colleges Visa Card
- Union Bank Lourdes School Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Medical Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
- Union Bank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank People Management Association Of The Philippines Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The Philippines Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Centro Escolar University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Alpha Phi Omega Visa Card
- Union Bank San Beda College Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Adamson University Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Academy Of Ophthalmology Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Paul College Pasig Visa Card
- Union Bank Colegio De San Juan De Letran Visa Card
- Union Bank Sacred Heart School Ateneo De Cebu Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Assumption Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Theresa's Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of Santo Tomas Visa Card
- Union Bank La Salle Greenhills Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The East Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Couples For Christ Foundation For Family And Life Visa Card
- Union Bank World Wide Fund Visa Card
- Union Bank Red Cross Visa Card
- Union Bank Haribon Foundation Visa Card