Metrobank is one of the leading banks in the Philippines that offers a wide range of financial products and services. The debit cards issued by the bank are very popular among users in the country because of the amazing features they have. Apart from being accepted throughout the world, these cards are secured by a PIN (Personal Identification Number) and can be used for making cashless payments in - stores and online.
Types of Metrobank Debit Card
- Metrobank Debit MasterCard – This card is linked to the cardholder’s ET Savings Account.
- Metrobank AccountOne Debit MasterCard – This card is link to the cardholder’s AccountOne Checking Account.
Features and Benefits of Metrobank Debit Card
- Accepted Worldwide – Metrobank debit cards are accepted by affiliate merchants of MasterCard around the world.
- Coverage – Using Metrobank debit cards, people can get access to their funds from Metrobank ATMs, Megalink and BancNet ATMs in the Philippines. They can also access their funds from outside the country via any Maestro, MasterCard or Cirrus ATMs.
- Cashless Purchases – Metrobank debit cards can be used to make cashless purchases in more than 30.2 million stores.
- Easy to Use – These debit cards are easy to use. People have to just swipe their card to make payments. It is also very easy to check the debit card account, transfer funds and pay bills using Metrobankdirect Online Banking, ATM, Mobile Application, Phone Banking, etc.
- Online Usage – People can use their Metrobank debit cards to make online transactions on websites that belong to merchants who are affiliates of MasterCard.
Metrobank Debit Card Limits
|Type of Account||Debit Card|
|ET Savings Account||AccountOne|
|Fees for Welcome kit||NA|
|Initial deposit||P 2,000||P 100||Waived||P 25,000|
|Maintaining balance||P 2,000||P 100||Waived||P 25,000|
|Balance required to earn interest||P 10,000||P 50,000|
|Fall below charges for two successive months||P 300||P 500|
|Fees for inactivity (In case no transaction has been made for at least 180 days)||NA|
|Renewal or replacement of card||P 150|
|Account closure within a period of 30 days||P 200|
|Maximum limit on withdrawal (each day)||P 30,000 or equivalent foreign currency|
|Limit on Balance||No limit|
|Point of Sale (limit on transactions each day)||P 30,000 or equivalent foreign currency|
|Maximum limit on withdrawal (for each transaction)||P 10,000 or equivalent foreign currency|
|Limit on Loading||No limit|
|Limit on Issuance||No limit|
Fees and Charges – Metrobank Debit Card
|Particulars||Fee for Withdrawal||Fee for Balance Inquiry|
|Metrobank ATM||No charge||No charge|
|Other ATMs (Local)||P 11||P 2|
|PSBank ATM||P 7.5||No charge|
|Other ATMs (International)||USD 3.5||USD 1|
|Fee for bill payment||No charge|
|Fee for fund transfer to other members of BancNet||P 25|
|Fee for fund transfer to Metrobank in another region||P 25|
|Fee for fund transfer to Metrobank in the same region||No charge|
|Online transactions||No charge|
|Point of Sale purchases (via swiping of card)||No charge|
|Buy load over – the – counter||P 25|
|Buy load via ATM, Mobile, Online or Phone||No charge|
Follow the tips below to keep your Metrobank debit cards safe –
- Make sure you sign on the back of your debit card as soon as you get it.
- Check your debit card account and balance regularly.
- Do not share your card details and PIN (Personal Identification Number) with anyone.
- Change your PIN regularly and make sure you remember it.
- Destroy documents that has your card number written on them.
- Do not give your debit card to anyone else. In case you give it to someone else for payment purposes, then make sure you are present when your card is being swiped.
- If your card is stolen or in case you lose it, inform Metrobank about the same immediately and get it blocked.
- Before you use an ATM machine, check it and if you think something is wrong, inform the bank and do not use the machine.
Metrobank Debit Card Promotions
- Win Back Your Tuition
Run Time – This offer is available till 30th June, 2016.
– Get a chance to win back up to P 100, 000 of your tuition fee when you spend P 3,000 in a single transaction at The SM Store using your Metrobank debit card.
Terms and Conditions –
- This offer can be availed by the first 100 winners.
- Offer available only on Metrobank MasterCard debit cards.
FAQs about Metrobank Debit Card
- How to use my Metrobank Debit Card for Point of Sale transactions?
To use your Metrobank Debit Card for Point of Sale transactions, you have to follow the steps mentioned below –
- Ensure you have the required funds in your account.
- Purchase products from a MasterCard affiliated merchant.
- Use your card to make the payment.
- Sign the transaction slip given to you by the cashier after he/she has swiped your card.
To use your Metrobank Debit Card for online transactions, you have to follow the steps mentioned below –
- Ensure you have enough funds in your account.
- Purchase products from a MasterCard affiliated online store.
- In the payment section, select MasterCard.
- Enter your card details to complete the transaction.
- Make sure that you either print or save a copy of the transaction.
Yes, you can use your Metrobank Debit Card to make payments outside the Philippines. The bank will charge you a certain fee for such transactions.
To get more information about Metrobank debit cards, you can visit the website of the bank or contact on their toll – free number.