The EastWest Bank was established in 1973 and was the first federally-chartered savings institution that primarily focused on catering to the needs of Chinese-Americans in Los Angeles. This banking institution is known to have a rich history in banking and finance and mainly focuses on the world’s two largest financial markets - The United States of America and Greater China.
You’re probably eligible for an East West Bank Housing Loan if you are
Salaried / Self-employed
with regular income
Earn more than the minimum
Your East West Bank Housing Loan amount eligibility is based on these factors
EMI limited to about 50%
of monthly income
Loan capped 80% of the cost of property
EMIs of other loans lower
Increase your eligiblility for Eastwest Bank Housing Loan amount by these steps
Make your spouse a co-applicant,
and her income will add
to your eligibility
Choose longer tenure loan up to 30 years
Alternatively add your parents
Documentation needed to apply for an East West Bank Housing Loan
- 1.Duly filled housing loan application form
- 2.Photocopy of ID such as driver's license, passport, SSS ID, Postal ID, PRC ID etc
- 3. Copies of the last 6 months’ bank statements or deposit passbooks
- 4.Documentation for salaried applicants:
- Income Tax Return (ITR) copy with BIR or bank stamp of the last 1 year
- Original copy of Certificate of Employment
- Photocopy of last full month pay slip
- 5. Documentation for self Employed applicants:
- Photocopy of Business Certificate
- Income Tax Return (ITR) copy with BIR or bank stamp
East West Bank Housing Loan DetailsUpdated on 14 Dec 2017
|Margin of Finance||Up to 80%|
About EastWest Bank
The EastWest Bank started its operation in the Philippines in 1994 as a subsidiary of Filinvest development Corporation (FDC). True to its name, the bank tries to combine the traditional wisdom of the East with the progressive thinking of the West.
Ranked by Forbes as one among the top 100 banks in America, EastWest Bank serves to the diverse needs of its clientele through traditional and alternative banking delivery channels. All the customers have access to state of the art banking facilities. After going aggressive on expansion, EastWest Bank now has over 250 branches in the Philippines and operates in over 130 prime locations globally.
EastWest Bank Housing Loan
Features of EastWest Bank Home Loan
Some of the numerous amazing features of the EastWest Bank are as follows:
- Long repayment tenors - This bank gives you the longest repayment tenor for home loans starting from 1 year and going up to 30 years. You can choose to make your monthly amortization light and easy by choosing a longer term or close the loan fast by choosing a shorter term.
- Affordable Rates of Interest - With EastWest Bank Home Loans, you get to enjoy total flexibility with fixed term rates and guard yourself against floating rates which increase the amount being repaid in the long run.
- Various schemes for various housing needs - Different individuals have different housing needs. EastWest Bank offers specialized schemes for different requirements. With schemes like Home Acquire, Condo Acquire, Lot Acquire, Home Construct and Home Improve, EastWest Bank has a tailor made plan for every housing need.
- Impeccable customer service - True to their motto, “Your Dream, Our Focus”, EastWest Bank extends full customer support to all the borrowers. You can contact their customer care cell through the toll-free number for any queries and doubts regarding the home loan.
Home Loan Plans offered by EastWest Bank
To meet the rising demands of our dream home and for the benefit of all borrowers of a home loan, EastWest Bank offers different loan plans exclusively tailored to suit each individual's different needs.
Some of the Home Loan Plans offered by the EastWest Bank are:
- Home Acquire and Condo Acquire: EastWest Bank’s “Home Acquire” and “Condo Acquire” plans are specially designed for those Filipinos who are looking to buy a condominium or home of their choice in a beautifully developed locality and where everything is a stone’s throw away.
- Lot Acquire: With EastWest Bank’s Lot Acquire Loan, you can buy residential real estate property as an investment. Buy a vacant lot of your choice and repay within 10 years.
- Home Construct - For those who are planning to build their dream house, EastWest Bank’s “Home Construct” Plan offers tenors up to 30 years to repay the loan.
- Home Improve - “Home Improve” loan by EastWest Bank offers financing options to expand, reconstruct or renovate your home as per the new trends in the market.
- Home Plus - For existing loan borrowers, EastWest Bank also offers plans to get additional loan for home improvement and renovations.
- Home Equity - With EastWest Bank Home Equity, you can benefit more by getting a new property, improving your dream home, driving around town with a state-of-the-art vehicle, secure your children's future, expand your investment or even venture into a new business.
With home loans from EastWest Bank, you are assured to enjoy the lowest rates of interest in the market.
East West Bank Housing Loan interest rates are as follows:
|Board Rate (in percentage)||Fixing Rate (per year)|
|6.00 percent||1 year|
|6.75 percent||3 years|
|7.25 percent||5 years|
The Home Loans from EastWest Bank can be availed by all classes of people namely self-employed and salaried professionals in the Philippines. There are some basic eligibility criteria that the applicant must fulfil to be eligible to receive the loan. Some of them are:
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen.
- The age of the home loan applicant must be at least 21 years at the time of application and not more than 65 upon the maturity of the loan.
- The applicant must have no adverse no adverse credit finding with regard to court cases and credit cards etc.
- Foreigners may be eligible to avail a housing loan from EastWest Bank by submitting additional documents.
- If the applicant is employed, he must be able to submit proof of a regular income.
- For self-employed borrowers, the requirement is that their business should have been operating profitably for at least the last three years.
Documentation Requirements for EastWest Bank Home Loan
Depending on the type of employment and source of income of the applicant, the documents required vary. Some of the common documents that are applicable to all classes of applicants are as follows:
- Duly filled and signed application form
- Copy of marriage contract, if applicable
- Copy of Income Tax Returns (ITR) statement
- Copy of valid ID’s with photo and government authorization
For locally employed borrowers in the Philippines
In addition to the common documents, locally employed borrowers must submit the certificate of employment with the compensation mentioned on it and the recent payslips.
For self-employed borrowers and professionals in the Philippines
Self-employed borrowers must submit documents of business registration, a copy of bank statements for the last 6 months and financial statements for the last three years along with all the common documents.
For OFW borrowers
Power of attorney, latest employment contract or certificate of employment with compensation mentioned on it and proof of remittance should be additionally submitted by the OFW borrowers.
Additional collateral documents
A photocopy of title for collateral and official receipt of appraisal fee are required as collateral documents.
With exciting interest rates and comfortable repayment options, EastWest Bank’s home loan is just the perfect choice for anyone looking to purchase their dream house without any hassles.
Other Products from East West Bank