Maybank Philippines is a full service commercial bank that offers a wide range of banking solutions. The Maybank credit cards are globally accepted and a wide range of benefits are available. The cards are EMV chip embedded which prevents fraudulent transactions.
Features and benefits of Maybank Credit Cards
The following are the features and benefits of Maybank credit cards:
- The credit cards are globally accepted.
- You can avail easy payment plans, peso payment options, etc.
- The credit cards are embedded with a chip that protects the card from fraudulent transactions.
- You can transfer your balance from another bank credit card for a lower rate of interest.
- You get rewards points when you make purchases with your Maybank credit card.
- When you are making a payment online, you will be prompted to enter a one-time-password. The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. This ensures that there is an added security when you are paying online.
You must meet the following requirements to avail Maybank credit card:
- Must be residing in the Philippines.
- Must be between the ages of 21 – 65 years.
- The gross annual income required are as follows:
- Standard MasterCard: P260,000.
- Gold MasterCard: P300,000
- Platinum MasterCard: P600,000
- Visa Classic: P260,000
- Visa Gold: P300,000
- Visa Platinum: P600,000
- Manchester United credit card: P260,000
Documents Required to apply Maybank Credit Card
You will have to submit the following documents along with your application form:
- If you are an employee, you need to submit the following:
- Latest ITR with Bank or BIR Stamp.
- Original certificate of employment.
- Last 3 months pay slips.
- Active credit card number.
- If you are self-employed, you must submit the following documents:
- DTI or SEC registration.
- Latest ITR with Bank or BIR Stamp.
- Latest Audited Financial Statement with Bank or BIR Stamp.
- Active credit card number.
- Driver’s license.
- TIN ID card.
- GSIS ID.
- Company ID.
- SSS ID.
- Other Government issued IDs.
Types of Maybank Credit Cards
Following are the various types of credit cards offered by Maybank:
- Maybank MasterCard’s
- Maybank Standard MasterCard: This credit card offers you flexibility to use your credit card overseas. This is one of the most secure credit cards.
- Maybank Gold MasterCard: With this card, you can consolidate the card balances to better instalment plans. You can get a cash advance as well.
- Maybank Platinum MasterCard: With this card, you can get 1% cashback on every P50 spent overseas. You can also earn 1 Asia Mile or Krisflyer Miles per P50 spent on the card. This card has the lowest conversion fee. This card offers various discounts and privileges. You will be charged an Annual Miles Program Premium of P500 before you redeem 1 Air Mile. The maximum cap on the retail transaction cashback is set at P12,000.
- Maybank Visa Classic: This card helps you gain financial flexibility.
- Maybank Visa Gold: This card allows you to transfer a balance and avail easy instalment plan facility.
- Maybank Visa Platinum: With this card, you can get 1% cashback on every P50 spent overseas. This card has the lowest conversion fee. This card offers various discounts and privileges. The maximum cap on the retail transaction cashback is set at P12,000. You will be charged an Annual Miles Program Premium of P500 before you redeem 1 Air Mile.
- Maybank Manchester United Credit Card: This is a lifestyle credit card. You get 5 Treats Points when Manchester United wins a Premier League Match. You get 10 Treats Points when you purchase at United Direct Online Megastore. You also get 10% discount at Red Café, Old Trafford and at United Direct Online Megastore and outlet. You get 20% discount on Manchester United Stadium and Museum Tour tickets. When your card get approved you get P1,000 cash credit.
Maybank offers supplementary credit cards so that the credit card benefits are extended to the family members. The principal cardholder can determine the supplementary cardholders spending limit. This limit is not in addition to the principal cardholder’s total credit limit.
Rewards on Maybank Credit Card
When you spend P25 with your Maybank credit card, you will get 1 Treats Point. The points earned is credited to primary credit cardholder’s account. Only the primary credit cardholder can redeem cash credit or items. The gambling transaction, cash advances, Ezy Transfer and EzyCash transactions are not eligible for Treats Points. With Manchester United credit card you get up to 5 Treats Points and P1,000 cash credit.
Maybank Credit Card Promo
You can avail the following promotions with your Maybank credit cards:
- You can save up to 7% on Agoda.com.
- You get 60% off on published room rates and 10% off on food and beverages at Berjaya Hotel when you use your Maybank ATM or credit card.
Check Out More Maybank Credit Card Promo
Maybank Credit Card Fees and Charges
Following are the applicable fees and charges:
|Annual fees – Principal card||
• Standard MasterCard: P1,000
• Gold MasterCard: P2,000
• Platinum MasterCard: P3,000
• Visa Classic: P1,000
• Visa Gold: P2,000
• Visa Platinum: P3,000
• Manchester United credit card: P2,000
|Annual fees – Supplementary card||
• Standard MasterCard: P500
• Gold MasterCard: P1,000
• Platinum MasterCard: P1,500
• Visa Classic: P500
• Visa Gold: P1,000
• Visa Platinum: P1,500
• Manchester United credit card: P1,000
|Cash advance fee||3% of the cash advance or P500, whichever is higher.|
|Card replacement fee||P400|
|Late payment fee||5% of the minimum amount due or P500, whichever is higher.|
|Foreign currency transaction fee||1% of MasterCard or Visa exchange rate.|
|Processing payment fee||P40 for payments made more than 4 times in a month.|
|Returned cheque fee||P500|
|Sales slip retrieval fee||P250|
|Rewards handling fee||P500|
|Account maintenance fee||P200 is charged until the balance is zero.|
|Attorney’s fees||25% of the amount.|
|Ezy Payment plan pre-termination fee||5% of the unbilled amount or P500m whichever is higher.|
How to apply for Maybank Credit Card?
You can apply for a credit card by visiting the nearest Maybank branch. You can also apply for Maybank credit card online. You will have to fill out your personal and employment information when applying for the card. You can also apply for the supplementary card online.
Maybank Credit Card Hotline
You can reach Maybank at 632-588-3888 or at the toll-free number: 1800-10-588-3888. You can email to cardsCS@maybank.com.ph.
FAQs about Maybank Credit Card
- Will I get supplementary credit cards with my Maybank credit cards?
- What are the rewards that I will be eligible for?
- Will I be charged any fee for cash advances?
- Will I get rewards for the purchases made with my supplementary credit cards?
- Will I get rewards on cash advances, Ezy Transfer, and EzyCash?
- How to report a lost or stolen Maybank credit card?
Yes, you will get supplementary credit cards with my Maybank credit cards.
You will get Treats Points and Air Miles.
Yes, you will be charged a cash advance fee of 3% of the amount withdrawn or P500, whichever is higher.
Yes, you will get rewards for purchases made with my supplementary credit cards, but they will be credited to your principal account.
No, you will not be qualified for rewards for cash advances, Ezy Transfer, and EzyCash.
If you credit card is lost or stolen, you must immediately report to the Maybank customer service at 632-588-3888 or 1800-10-588-3888. You can also write to Maybank. You can request for a card replacement at the time of reporting it lost or stolen. When you report the card, you will be free from the liability from fraudulent charged made from the time you report the loss.