Metrobank Card Corporation is the exclusive arm of Metropolitan Bank and Trust Corporation (MBTC) in collaboration with Australia New Zealand Bank (ANZ), which issues and administers a massive range of credit card products in Philippines. A leading card brand in the country, it offers a variety of cards to suit the growing needs of the discerning customer. Unmatched privileges, exclusive rates and offers makes cards from Metrobank, one of the most sought after credit cards in the country.
Salient Features of MetroBank Credit Cards
- Offered on both MasterCard and Visa platforms, MetroBank credit cards are chip based, which makes them safe for transacting online as well as offline. The EMV chip ensures comprehensive protection against fraudulent acts such as cloning.
- Rewards in the form of points/miles can be earned on every transaction. Charges across specific categories of purchases can make you eligible for enhanced reward points. The accumulated reward points can be redeemed against a host of freebies from the catalogue, exchanged for air miles and a whole lot more.
- Every card qualifies for a range of rewarding benefits such as discounts, deals & freebies at partner establishments. Offers such as Buy One Get One, Dining deals at your favorite restaurant helps you to save more with every charge.
- Metrobank also extends a host of value added services such as Supplementary cards at nominal fees, Bills to Pay service, Balance Transfer, Cash Withdrawals at ATMs, to name a few.
- All credit card products come with optional insurance covers such as Credit Protect & Acci Shield to help you in dealing with uncertain events in life.
- Easy Bill Payment options such as payment over the counter at Metrobank or PSbank branches and Remittance at select ATMs. Customers can also make electronic payments via Online or Mobile Banking options.
Once you have filled in and signed the application form, the following documents must be submitted:
Photocopy of the following:
Senior Citizen’s card
PRC (Professional Regulations Commission) ID
SSS (Social Security System) card
Any valid ID issued by the Philippine government and its bodies.
|Proof of Income (Employed Individuals)||
Duly stamped latest ITR (Income Tax Return) and BIR Form 2316 and any one of the following:
Employment Certificate with salary breakdown
Credit card details of another credit card owned for a minimum of one year as a principal cardholder
|Proof of Income (Self-employed Applicants)||
BIR/bank stamped Latest Audited Financial Statements
Company registration issued by SEC or DTI
ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration or Visa
Registered ICR (Immigrants Certificate of Residence) issued by SEC, IC or BSP.
Promo: Exclusive discounts at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza
Participating Cards: Metrobank Visa Debit Card, Metrobank Visa Credit Card and Metrobank Visa card.
Runtime: 1st November 2015 to 30th September 2016
Particulars: Avail attractive dining deals and exclusive luxury offers at the Sofitel Philippines Plaza in Manila.
- Only principal and supplementary cardholders of Metrobank Visa, Credit, Debit and Prepaid cards are eligible for this promotion.
- The offers can be availed on all days excluding Valentine’s Day, Easter Weekend, Christmas and the Chinese New Year.
- There are three offers available as a part of the promo:
- Le Veranda – Customers will get a free dishes on buying here dishes on the tapas menu.
- Le Bar – Customers will get one free item on the purchase of three items on the menu.
- Spiral – Customers can pay for three lunch buffets and avail one for free.
- Both the accounts and transactions of a principal and supplementary cardholder are treated as separate accounts.
- You will not be allowed to combine the Sofitel offer with any other promo.
|Explore More Metrobank Credit Card Promos|
MetroBank Credit Card Rewards
The bank extends rewards program for its entire portfolio of credit cards. For every P20 spent, the cardholder earns 1 reward point which can be accumulated and redeemed for goodies across categories. Air travel benefits based cards such as such as Robinsons-Cebu Pacific MasterCard, lets you earn Fly/Buy points and convert them as cash that will be credited into your account. Accumulated points can be instantly redeemed online, with little paperwork.
MetroBank Credit Card Hotline
Contact the dedicated customer service wing for all your queries or concerns. Metrobank can be contacted using the mediums below.
- 1-800-1888-5775(Toll free for inland calls)
- (632) 8700-700(Can be dialed from local/international phones)
Premium Cards (Platinum MasterCard, Metrobank World MasterCard and Metrobank Femme Signature Visa
- (632) 8700-707(VIP Customer Service)
- 1-800-1888-5775(Toll free - Domestic)
- 800-8-700-0707( Toll free - International)
Robinsons - Cebu Pacific Mastercard
- (632) 898-7088
- 1-800-1888-5775((Toll free - Domestic)
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How much will I have to spend using my Metrobank Credit Card to earn 1 rewards points?
- Can I earn air miles using my Metrobank Classic and Gold Credit Card? Which are the participating Airlines in the rewards program?
- Is there any annual fee for the supplementary card on the Platinum MasterCard from Metrobank?
- What is the annual fee for a Metrobank Classic Credit Card principal cardholder?
- What are the documents allowed to be submitted as ID proof when applying for a Metrobank Credit Card?
You will have to spend P20 on your credit card to earn 1 rewards point.
Yes, you can earn air miles using your Classic and Gold Metrobank Credit Card. The airlines participating are Cathay Pacific Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Philippine Airlines.
The first supplementary card from the bank does not require you to pay any annual fee and the privileges of the principal card can be enjoyed for free.
Metrobank charges an annual fee of P1,500 for the Classic Credit Card.
A photocopy of any government issued IDs like Passport, Driver’s License and others are allowed. Foreigners can submit ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) and SEC, IC or BSP regulated Immigrants Certificate of Residence.
Other Products from Metrobank
News About MetroBank Credit Cards
Global Telecom Inc. to receive P7B worth of loans from Metrobank
As reported early this week, Metrobank will extend Php 7 Billion worth of loans to Globe. These loans will be put into use to finance capital expenditures at Globe and will aim at further enhancing and expanding their presence in other countries.
The loan agreements were signed by Fabian Dee, President of Metrobank, Mary Mylene Caparas and the Executive Vice President and the CFO of Globe, Alberto de Larrazabal on 23rd November, 2016.
Globe is said to be spending about $800 million in 2016 for all their capital expenditures which is a considerable drop from the $850 million that was allotted for this financial year.
All international and domestic transmission facilities are covered by Globes investments and is reported to be currently focusing on data-related projects in the wireless data, broadband network and its LTE expansion.
Metrobank is known to be a pioneer in the services that they provide and continue to improve customer accessibility year on year. As of the third quarter of the year, the bank has a network of over 900 branches and over 2100 ATMs in the country.
23rd November 2015