PNB credit cards are customer friendly and are much sought after in the Philippines. The application process is simple and the turnaround time is fast. PNB offers credit cards on various platforms such as MasterCard, UnionPay and Visa credit cards.
Features and Benefits of PNB credit cards
Following are the common features and benefits of PNB credit cards:
- The credit cards are offered on three platforms – MasterCard, UnionPay and Visa.
- The interest rate offered are low.
- You get travel insurance, purchase protection insurance, and fraud transaction insurance on purchases made using your PNB credit card.
- You can access your statement of account from anywhere through secure online access.
- Various instalment programs are offered such as balance transfer, convert-to-cash, 0% affordable payment plan, and transaction conversion.
- You can earn rewards on certain credit cards offered by PNB.
- You can get cash advance up to 30% of your card limit.
- The credit cards offered by PNB are globally accepted.
- You can pay for your transactions in pesos even when you are travelling abroad.
- Minimum payment allowed is 5% of the balance or P500, whichever is higher.
- The payments can be made at over 900 ATMs and branches of PNB.
PNB Credit Card Eligibility
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum applicable age is 65 years.
- Applicant must be resident of Philippines and a Filipino citizen.
- The gross earning of the applicant must be a minimum of P120,000.
- The applicant must be a regular employee for a minimum of 1 year.
- If the applicant is self-employed, then he or she must be in a profitable self-employment for a minimum of 2 years.
PNB Credit Card Requirements
The following documents are to be submitted to avail PNB credit card:
- Passport, driver’s license, and Company ID.
- Employed individuals must submit their employment certificate, 3 month’s payslip, and income tax return.
- Recent ITR for self-employed or audited AFS along with Registration papers from SEC or DTI.
Types of credit cards offered by PNB
Following are the different types of credit cards offered by PNB:
- PNB MasterCard:
With PNB MasterCard you get flexible rewards options. PNB offers two MasterCard’s:
- PNB Platinum MasterCard
- PNB Essentials MasterCard
This card offers various perks and discounts at restaurants, retail stores, etc. You get travel insurance, fraud transaction insurance, and purchase protection insurance when you use the card to make payments. You also get rewards which can be redeemed for Mabuhay Miles and Cash Credits.
This card offers payment convenience when you are dining out, shopping, or travelling. You can rely on this card for your everyday activities. This card also offers fraud transaction insurance, travel insurance, and purchase protection insurance. You will earn rewards which can be redeemed for Mabuhay Miles and Cash Credits.
This card will help your prioritise your payments. You will have to pay the minimum amount due. It will give you rebates on purchases made using the card. You get back 1% of the revolving interest each time you pay the minimum amount due. You will also get purchase protection insurance, travel insurance, and fraud transaction insurance for purchases made with this card.
This is ideal for travellers. There are two cards offered:
- PNB-PAL Mabuhay Miles World MasterCard:
- PNB-PAL Mabuhay Miles Platinum MasterCard:
This is the most prestigious and a highly rewarding card. The point to Mabuhay Mile conversion is P33 gives you 1 point which gives 1 Mile. You get a free welcome gift and additional miles when you pay transactions worth P100K at PAL within a year from card issuance. You get travel awards and upgrades on Philippine Airlines. You can enjoy the world class concierge service along with travel and medical assistance. The interest rate is tiered, for outstanding balance of P75,000 and below the interest rate is 3.25%. For outstanding balance more than P75,000 to P125,000 the interest rate is 3%. For outstanding balance more than P125,000 the interest rate is 2.70%.
You get welcome gift on activation and additional miles when you make transactions worth P100K at PAL within a year from card issuance. You get travel awards and upgrades on Philippine Airlines.
This card is widely used amount merchants in China. The majority of Chinese establishments use this card. This card is globally accepted. It offers world class concierge service along with travel and medical assistance. The interest rate is tiered, for outstanding balance of P75,000 and below the interest rate is 3.25%. For outstanding balance more than P75,000 to P125,000 the interest rate is 3%.
There are other co-branded credit cards such as:
- PNB Alturas Visa Card
- Alumni Association of Asian Institute of Management
- Jewelmer Joaillerie Platinum MasterCard
- Alumni Association of Xavier School
- De La Salle Zobel Alumni Association
- Immaculate Conception Academy Alumnae Association
- UERM College of Medicine Alumni Association
- Jaguar Platinum MasterCard
- Land Rover Platinum MasterCard
- PNB Super 8 Unli Rebate MasterCard
- The Travel Club Platinum MasterCard
PNB Credit Card Rewards
You earn rewards points for all the transaction made using your PNB credit cards. You earn 1 rewards point for every P50 spent on your card. The rewards can be points can be redeemed for:
- Mabuhay Miles: 1 rewards points is equal to 1 Mabuhay Miles. For the first redemption you need to have a minimum of 2,000 rewards points. After which you can redeem for a block of 100 rewards points.
- Cash Credits: 4 rewards points equal to P1,000 Cash Credit. You can redeem rewards points in a block of 500 points.
Every card offers the following insurance for the purchases made using the card:
- Fraud Transaction Insurance:
- Travel Insurance:
- Purchase Protection Insurance:
For every P10 per month, you can get insurance for fraudulent transactions made on your card when it was lost or stolen.
You can enjoy free travel insurance up to P3 million when you are charging your whole fare to your PNB credit card.
You get extra security for free for the items purchased using PNB credit card. You get protection against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
Joining Benefits Offered by PNB Credit Cards
When you take PNB-PAL Mabuhay Miles MasterCard, you get free 2,000 Mabuhay Miles as welcome gift when you activate your card. This benefit is for new and first time principal cardholders.
PNB Credit Card Promo
You can avail the following promotions if you have a PNB credit card:
- Lazada online revolution 2016:
- Free Christmas Ham promo:
- Enjoy flexible payments:
- Earn on referrals:
You get 10% off on your next purchase on Lazada when you use your credit card.
If you make a single receipt purchase of P6,000 at Walter Mart Supermarket, you get 1 Purefoods Fiesta Ham for free.
You can transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to PNB credit can and enjoy flexible repayment of up to 24 months for interest at 0.55%.
For every referral that is approved by PNB, you earn P500 cash credit with the Member-Get-Member program.
Check Out More PNB Credit Card Promo
Fees and charges of PNB Credit Card
Following are the fees and charges of PNB credit cards:
|Card replacement fee||P400|
|Cash advance fee||5% of the advance amount plus transaction fee of P100|
|Certification fee||Full settlement of account – P200 Good credit standing – P300 Card replacement issuance - P300|
|Foreign currency transaction service fee||MasterCard – 1.50% Visa and UnionPay – 2%|
|Installation pre-termination||5% of the outstanding balance or P500, whichever is higher|
|Late payment fee||P300|
|Returned cheque fee||P1,000|
|Sales slip retrieval fee||P400|
|Statement of Account retrieval fee||P50 per statement|
How to apply for PNB credit card?
You can apply for PNB credit card through the following ways:
- Visit the branch:
- Apply online:
You can visit the closest PNB branch and apply for the credit card. You can meet with the bank executives and they will guide you with the application process.
If you don’t want to visit the branch, you can apply for your credit card online. The application form can be downloaded on the website and you can fill it up and send it to PNB.
PNB Credit Card Hotline
If you have any queries or need any help with regard to the card-related emergencies when you are in Philippines or abroad, you can call 818-9-818 for Metro Manila. The domestic toll free number is 1800-10-818-9-818.
For world class concierge service, travel, or medical assistance you must call 632-687-8577.
You can also email to PNBCreditCards@pnb.com.ph.
How to report a lost or stolen PNB credit card?
If you PNB credit card is lost or stolen, you must immediately inform PNB. You can call the customer care hotline at 632-573-8888. You can also go to the branch and report it and ask for a replacement of the card. You must carry a valid identification document if you want a replacement.
- PNB Essentials MasterCard
- PNB Platinum MasterCard
- PNB Alumni Association of Asian Institute of Management
- PNB Jewelmer Joaillerie Platinum MasterCard
- PNB Alumni Association of Xavier School (AAXS)
- PNB De La Salle Zobel Alumni Association (DLSZAA)
- PNB Immaculate Conception Academy Alumnae Association (ICAAA)
- PNB UERM College of Medicine Alumni Association (UERM CMAA)
- PNB Jaguar Platinum MasterCard
- PNB Land Rover Platinum MasterCard
- PNB Super 8 Unli Rebate MasterCard
- PNB The Travel Club Platinum MasterCard